What are you working on today?
When talking to my gym members, I often hear them list off the muscle groups they work on. Biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest, back, and legs. Many never mention their forearms, and I notice that most people don’t focus on this smaller, more forgotten about muscle group. Working on your forearms will increase your strength capacity in exercises such as the dead-lift. Failing to work on your forearms leads to weak grip strength and skinny-looking arms. I’m here to give you a great forearm workout so that you strengthen your muscle groups evenly and allow your upper body to function symmetrically.
Avoid “skinny arms”
Do the following exercises when focusing on forearms.
- Reverse curl. Grasp the bar overhand at whatever width is comfortable. Keeping your upper arms at your sides, curl the bar.
- Wide grip curl. Grasp the bar with hands wider than shoulder-width and perform curls.
- Hammer cheat curl. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and cheat the weights, as if doing a clean, to the top position of a curl. Slowly lower the weights back down for five counts.
- Wrist curl. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and sit on a bench, box, or chair. Rest your forearms on your thighs and allow your wrists to bend back over your knees so the weights hang down. Curl the dumbbells up by flexing your wrists.
- Reverse wrist curl. Perform the opposite motion of the wrist curl. Palms face down and extend your wrists to raise the back of your hands closer to your forearms.
- Chin-up. Grasp the bar with both hands shoulder width and palms facing you. Pull yourself up until your chin is over the bar. If this is too hard, perform negative chin-ups.
- Crab walk. Sit on the ground and bridge up with your hips so you look like a tabletop. Walk forward on your hands and feet as fast as you can.
What forearm workout do you do?
Share your forearm workout exercises below. And let me know which exercise you think is the most effective!
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “tanoshii6603-20”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar_position = “bottom”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “search”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “Shop Related Products”;
amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = “dumbbells”;
amzn_assoc_default_category = “All”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “f0c8445c858aafaca0cc6a9e25352bd9”;