Too much coffee?
Historically, we’ve been told to limit our caffeine intake. I’ve always been told anything more then 2-3 cups a day isn’t good for you. Well, I’m here today with some good news for you coffee lovers out there (like me)! A new study shows the more coffee you drink, the better your heart will be. So next time you’re at Starbucks, remember that extra cup of java is good for you!
Health benefits of coffee
- Cuts the pain. You know that post-workout soreness? Coffee can cut post-workout muscle pain by up to 48%, so drink up!
- Increases your fiber intake. A cup of coffee contains up to 1.8 grams of fiber, which counts towards the daily recommended intake of 20 to 38 grams of fiber.
- Lowers your risk of Type 2 Diabetes. Recent research shows with every cup of coffee you drink, your risk of diabetes lowers by 9%.
- Lowers your risk of heart disease. A recent study shows for every cup of coffee you drink, your risk of suffering heart failure or stroke decreases by 8%.
- Coffee drinkers have stronger DNA. A study published in the European Journal of Nutrition showed that coffee drinkers have DNA with stronger integrity since the white blood cells of coffee drinkers have far less instance of spontaneous DNA strand breakage.
- Coffee reduces risk of Colon cancer. Moderate consumption of coffee can reduce the odds of developing colorectal cancer by 26%. This protective benefit increases with more consumption.
Extra cup of java is good for you
What do all of these benefits have in common? The more you drink, the better your health is! And while you’re at it, add some cinnamon to your coffee for even more benefits!
What’s your favorite brand of coffee?
Do you like Starbucks or Dunkin’ Donuts coffee? Or perhaps you prefer McDonald’s. Or do you brew your own coffee? Post below your favorite brew!