Are you craving something sweet but also filling? Do you need an extra bite of something to perk up your energy? Well, look no further. I have found the answer to all of your problems! Continue reading to learn how to make delicious homemade no bake protein balls. Not only are they healthy, they also taste really good!
Homemade no bake protein balls
To start, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups of whole grain oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein (about 2 scoops)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 3 tbsp raw honey (or maple syrup to make these vegan)
- 2-4 tbsp of liquid (almond milk, milk, water etc…)
- Add oats, protein powder and cinnamon to a large bowl.
- Add in peanut butter and honey. Stir to combine.
- If you’d like to add in anything else, i.e. raisins or chocolate chips, you can add in about 1/3 cup.
- Slowly add in liquid 1 tbsp at a time and using your hands combine until it comes together in a sticky ball that holds together. If mixture is too dry, add in more liquid but not so much that it won’t hold shape.
- Roll into balls using hands.
- Place on a baking sheet or in a container to keep in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.
These are great for on the go snacks or even a light breakfast. They pack a heavy punch: they’re high in protein and fiber, which will help you stay feeling full for longer. Whenever I find myself craving something sweet, I reach for a few of these. Also, you can add in anything you want which means there’s a lot of variety you could have with these. You can try different types of nut butters, or change up the honey versus maple syrup. Add in raisins, nuts, or different types of chocolate chips.
What’s your favorite go-to snack?