Ho ho ho! I hope the holiday season has been treating you well. Whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, or nothing at all I wish the very best for you. If you don’t care for the parties or want to combat those extra calories, you may want to hit the gym today for a holiday workout. But what gyms are open today (gyms open on Christmas)?
Gyms open on Christmas
- X Sport: Known to be 24/7, they are also 365 days a year.
- Snap Fitness: Another 24/7 gym that is open year-round thanks to their key-card security system. Call your local Snap before heading over just in case, but I’d say it’s safe to say this one will be open.
- Anytime Fitness: If you don’t see a trend here, it’s generally only the 24/7 gyms that are open on Christmas Day. The only exception is 24 Hour Fitness which is closed on Christmas Day.
Most other gyms are closed on Christmas Day. LA Fitness closes on Christmas Day, the only day of the year that they close. All other holidays they’re open but usually with shortened hours. And almost every gym is open on Christmas Eve, and of course the day after Christmas. So realistically, you could likely get away with skipping one day at the gym and taking a rest day. But, if you’re a die-hard gym junkie it may be hard for you to sit still for a day. In that case, do a fun workout at home if your gym is closed. See some great exercise ideas below that you can do anywhere!
Workout at home!
- 60 seconds of butt kicks
- 60 seconds of high knees/running in place
- 30 seconds of jumping jacks
- 30 seconds of mountain climbers
- 3 sets of 5 burpees
- 3 sets of 10 push ups
- 3 sets of 10 mountain climbers
- 3 sets of 10 leg lifts
- 3 sets of 10 bicycles
- cool down/stretch
Do you plan on working out today? Is your gym open on Christmas?